Thursday 21 August 2014

10 Tips to be More Confident

 

Confidence is the best thing someone can wear.

Confidence comes before your makeup, before your gorgeous hair, clothes and skin. It comes all from the inside, from how you feel about yourself and how you act on that towards other people.

Any of you who are reading this; you are beautiful.

Yeah right.

That's what I would have said last year but since then I have opened my mind to many aspects of my life and from that I have learnt many new things about myself  and how loving myself is very  important.

1) Be yourself.
 
 People will like you for the real you, not someone who is so afraid to let go and act like themselves because they are afraid of what people will think about them and their beliefs.
 
2) Don't listen to people who are not worth your time ... (because the haters gonna hate).
 
 At the end of the day, who's there for you but ... you? Its not worth backing down to people who say things about you, especially when you start to speak out, there are always those people who want to kill your confidence and accuse you of 'seeking attention' but all they really are is mean ...( and a liar, and pathetic and alone in life and mean ~ Taylor Swift). Yep, she is one of my idols because of how relatable she is; I even went to her Red concert in February which was absolutely amaazingg - which you can see here.
 
3) Love yourself. Wholeheartedly and with the most pride. The best thing that you can do is accept who you are and turn that acceptance into something beautiful. Its really one of the first steps to be happier with who you are and when you can you will see that other people find it much easier to you too. 



4) Be spontaneous because life starts at the end of your comfort zone.
 
That's speaks for itself really. I always overthink things and am so indecisive that  I eventually give up making a decision and rely on someone else - but I am making that change because the less I think about 'what I am going to do' or 'if that's the best solution' the more time I can actually do that thing and enjoy myself. Anyway new experiences are more exciting and sometimes you just have to jump into the deep end. Head first.
 
5) Accept or Change.
 
Some things about yourself you might just have to accept but other things you can change if it lowers you self esteem or if it is something you don't like about yourself. For the first time I have actually stuck to my new years resolutions (which you can see here) and one that has impacted my life greatly is being more active and healthy. I don't think its shallow because by starting to work out  gave me a way to picture my goals and identify what I want and seeing the results from things that you work hard for can only make you happy and even more motivated to stretch your goals further. From the beginning of 2014 I know I have become stronger both mentally and physically; looking good is a bonus that has made me more confident with how I look.
 
6) Take drama / public speaking classes.
 
Everyone thinks I'm quiet or did until recently; my mum suggested that I do some kind of public speaking to gain more confidence so I joined one-to-one sessions doing acting and speaking to work towards grades in LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts). By doing so,  I now feel so much more confident in speaking with new people, in class and in front of an audience. It was a sudden change for others to see; especially after a rather embarrassing 'inspirational' speech that I delivered to my whole year group. The weird thing about me is that I speak louder than I normally would in front of an audience...sometimes a little too loud given that I am speaking into a microphone...
 
7) Think positively about every situation. 
Road Dahl Quote
 
What happens, happens, but you can change how you feel about it by the way you react. A positive mind, a positive attitude, a grateful heart and wilful soul; what else could you want? 
 
8) Do what makes you happy then you won't have time to be sad :)
 
9) Believe in yourself and be patient because its a growth not a sudden change.

"My Wish For You" Rustic Wall Decor Box Sign


10) BE WILD. Seize every opportunity, embrace every instinct, jump into the unknown, let go of all of your worries and simle like your life depends on it.
 
 Now, inhale...
 
...and exhale...
 
and go kill'em georgeous because you are so worth it.
 
Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment