Sunday 19 July 2015

Vapiano Great Portland Street


A couple of days ago my friend and I went out to eat at Vapiano, which is a 5 minute walk from Oxford Circus Station, after it was (very) heavily recommended to us by her cousin. The way she described the pasta there to us completely sold it so we decided a trip to the restaurant ourselves was needed to really understand.
 
Fine.
 
We used navigation from my iPhone to actually get there.
 
But that's only because I'm a little bit oblivious when it comes to directions. If we didn't, I don't know how long we would have been walking around in circles asking strangers where it was. That's no good now is it?!
 
When we first walked in, the man at the front counter asked if we had been to Vapiano before, and as we hadn't, he gave us a card (like a credit card) and explained that we can go to any of the stations to get food and the bill is put onto the card, which you pay for at the end.
 
There were stations for pasta, pizza, salad, sides and a bar for drinks and desert. I choice to have the  Carbonara pasta which was bacon, onions and egg in cream sauce. I usually don't like pasta very much but believe me this was really tasty (and very filling)!
 
The chefs make the pasta in front of you, asking what shape of homemade pasta you would like and if you would like any additional spices.
 
The unique part about this was that all of the staff were Italian or at least looked as if they were!
I really enjoyed my dinner there and would recommend it to everyone to go and enjoy, especially because it's such a reasonable price, and simply as an alternative to the usual Nandos.
 
Which food places in London would you recommend?
 
Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment